ICICI Lombard adds home healthcare, NCB benefit for coronavirus claims to existing insurance covers
In light of the pandemic that has gripped the country,
has added benefits related to the treatment the
to its existing health insurance indemnity policies. These include honouring of claims pertaining to treatment at home for Covid-19, no-claim bonus
to be maintained even in the event of a hospitalisation claim and reduction of waiting period.
"The additional benefits, offered at no extra cost, should enable our policyholders to pick up maximum benefit from their health insurance cover," said Sanjeev Mantri, Executive Director, ICICI Lombard GIC.
Here is a look at some of these additions, according to ICICI Lombard's press release:
Waiting period on new policies reduced to 15 days (from 30 days) for Covid-related inpatient claims
- The reduced waiting period is being offered without any increase in premium.
- It will apply to all health indemnity policies including complete health insurance, health booster, healthcare plus, and group health insurance plans.
Home Healthcare benefit
- As part of this offering, customers can get themselves treated at home instead of having to avail hospitalization to avail insurance claim.
- Home healthcare benefit will be available to customers till March 31, 2021.
- This will significantly succor those customers who wish to avail treatment for any ailment in the safe environment of their home, rather than a hospital, thereby ensuring social distancing.
Continuation of no-claim bonus even in the event of a Covid-19 related claim
- The company will continue to offer NCB even in the case of a Covid-19 claim.
- Additional Sum Insured accrued in the policy will not be impacted, if the insured is hospitalized due to Covid-19 thus providing much-needed financial relief to customers.
- The said benefit will be provided in ICICI Lombard's complete health insurance and health booster plans.
The general insurer company has also issued FAQs about the new benefits for Covid-19 that have been added to their existing health insurance policies, via plain release.
Here are the FAQs ICICI Lombard's Covid-related benefits that will be available for existing health insurance policies:
- What is home care?Home care is convenient & an alternative mode to hospital care. This service is based on the individual's needs as prescribed by his or her treating doctor*. The service includes remote monitoring by medical practitioner and may also include visits from medical professional -nurses, doctors and physiotherapists.*e.g. - if the treating doctor has advised an heavenly line of treatment for which admission in a hospital is required and same can be managed by qualified personnel at home
- What are the advantages of home care?Prevents hospital acquired infectionAffordable ConvenientLess stressful
- What kind of treatment lines are generally covered view Home care?The treatments covered under homecare are as below (but not limited to):Wound management of pressure sores or a surgical woundParenteral Administration (Injection admin, iv / im / sc)Stich removalUrinary catheterizationPhysiotherapy
- Eligibility for home care treatment?Prescribed continuous active line of treatment from treating doctor / hospitalCan be managed at home with knowing set of clinically qualified personnelSubject to Policy T & C
- )What is excluded under home care services?Medical Emergency OPD treatmentNo Active line of treatment, as admission requiredPolicy T & C
- What if the treating doctor prescribes for COVID-19 home care treatment, will it be covered? IF yes, what is the process to initiate claim with ICICI Lombard?COVID-19 home care treatment is covered subject to guidelines specified by the MoHFW & State Govt RegulationsWe will provide assistance with Homecare provider based on the prescription of the treating consultant, an heavenly line of treatment for which admission in a hospital is required and same can be managed by qualified personnel at home. Same can be availed through the Health Assistance Team (HAT) of ICICI Lombard at 040-66274205 or through the Health Assitance feature of our IL Take Care app. HAT is available from Mon to Sat (except public holidays) between 9 AM to 6 PM on the above number
- Which all cities will be covered for COVID-19 Homecare treatment?Homecare service can be provided laughable remote assistance across cities at Pan India level Along with this physical visit at home by medical professional can be extended at below mentioned cities as of now:Tier 1: Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad & PuneTier 2: Chandigarh, Indore, Lucknow, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Jaipur & Coimbatore
- Who are the providers ICICI Lombard has tied-up to provide home care services?Apart from leading hospitals we have tie - up with top home care service providers like Portea, HCAH (Healthcare at Home) etc.
- What all will be covered by ICICI Lombard for COVID-19 patient when availed home care treatment?Consultations, Nursing, Investigations & Medicines
- Do customer need to pay any additional premium to avail this facility?Aditional premium is not required to be paid by the customer.
- Is there any sublimit applicable for homecare?It is as terms and condition applicable in the policy
- What is the approximate time to provide or fix appointment to the patient needing homecare treatment?We will fix appointment within 4 business hours, it may vary case to case depending on availability of the Provider/Consultants/Doctor. In case of any emergency please do not wait for this service.
- What types of professionals are on the home health care team?The team includes doctors, nurses & Physiotherapists. They coordinate and prepare a care plan based on the individual's needs.
- Will I be charged for this HAT service?Health assistance is a Value added service, in which our team provides various options to customers. The assistance provided is free of cost. However, charges incurred at hospital/clinic/doctor is as per policy terms & conditions.
- What will be the role of the insurer while providing home care services?When the treating doctors prescribes the insured to undergo home care treatment, the insured intimates the insurer for service which is facilitated with the help of network service provider having expertise in this line of treatment. The service provider provides treatment as per the prescription/standard clinical protocols. In case of admission required at hospital, the insured is guided with the next course of action by the treating doctor / service provider. The insurer plays the role of the facilitator for cashless & reimbursement service.
Click here to download ET Online's guide to everything personal finance in times of Covid-19
Thanks for visiting our article ICICI Lombard adds home healthcare, NCB benefit for coronavirus claims to existing insurance covers - The Economic Times. Please share it with pleasure.
Sincery One Health Club
powered by Blogger News Poster