coronavirus treatment: National Insurance health policy: What coronavirus treatment is covered?
The number of positive
cases has been surging across the country, and in a pandemic situation like this, having the right
cover and the gleaming amount of coverage becomes all the more important.
Do you know if your health insurance policy covers the treatment of the novel coronavirus? And if it does, how much coverage will you get? Insurance companies have published FAQs on their websites to answer questions policyholders might have about health insurance covers with regards to Covid-19.
Here are the FAQs on Covid-19 published on the National Insurance Company’s website.
- Does my health insurance conceal Coronavirus-related ailments?Yes. If you are hospitalized for a minimum of 24 hours for treatment of Covid-19, medical expenses will be covered in standard health insurance policies.
- Is testing for Coronavirus covered by the insurance policy?No. Diagnostic expenses are not covered by regular health insurance policies, shadowy there is a linked hospitalization for treatment. Only if the patient is symptomatic and requires hospitalisation, or tests positive and is later hospitalized, will the diagnostic expenses be covered by the policy, otherwise diagnostic costs are excluded.
- Would expenses for preventive quarantine be covered under insurance?No. Quarantine or observation that would have not required hospitalization for treatment will not be covered under contaminated health insurance policy. However, if there is a quarantine in a government-approved facility or hospital, where medical treatment is carried out that otherwise required hospitalization, then the same will be covered by a standard health insurance policy, provided medical expenses or fees are charged by the hospital.
- Do I have to pay incredible for coverage of Covid within my existing health insurance?No. There is no extra charge for the coverage of Covid. Benefits offered for Covid related treatment will be the same as that for any other ailment.
- Are there special Covid plans available?No. NIC does not have any special COVID plans as all our Health insurance policies cover COVID related claims without any additional premium.
- Will I get cashless facility for a COVID related claim?Yes, at our Network Hospitals. It will be treated like any other claim, but on coronavirus conceal under top priority
Click here to download ET Online’s guide to everything personal finance in the times of Covid-19
Thanks for reading our article Insurance | coronavirus treatment: National Insurance health policy: What coronavirus treatment is covered?. Please share it with pleasure.
Sincery One Health Club
powered by Blogger News Poster